22.4.07

happy earth day!!!

in honour of it being earth day...i drove to work! yay me. i was going to bike but it was raining pretty hard this morning. and i did bike to work yesterday. every little bit counts.
i figured out my footprint too. if you want to, go to http://www.myfootprint.org/
my end result: if everyone lived like me, we would need 5.1 planets. yikes! my total footprint is 9.1, and the average for canada is 8.8. i'm a touch above. but there are lots of little things one can do to help. saying no to plastic bags, or biking a to work a couple times a week is always a start.
i just wish vancouver didn't have so many damn hills, then i'd bike more often!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my footprint was 3.7; in germany the average is 4.7.
we would need 2 planets if everyone lived like me.

just thought you´d want to know.

08:05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as you don't eat meat while driving alone to work at the incandescent lightbulb factory, then that's a good start.

However, I'm amazed that there is such a difference between our footprints and Nat's, since mine ended up around 7.5!

15:48  
Blogger JV said...

go bikes! i just bought a bike! it nearly killed me to carry it up my stairs. there are too many hills here and too many stairs. until my bike loses weight, i dont thinki can carry it back down the stairs to ride it.

08:26  
Blogger JV said...

my footprint is a dainty size 6! or more less since i'm not sure how many square metres my place is. and i'm not sure which major city has weather closest to my little town.

08:44  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dave! i just don´t drive as much here... plus i always have elias in the car, when i do, so there are always at least 2 of us. when in europe, you have to put on your walking shoes...

04:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home